Manager Data Engineer
Are you able to scale up our data-science expertise?
Are you able to inspire your team and together deliver the highest quality?
What we do:
Amsterdam Data Collective is an end-to-end data science consulting firm. Our team consists of professionals who understand the needs of the organization ranging from CEO to the programmer. By establishing a culture in which giving and receiving feedback in encouraged, we aim for optimal knowledge transfer and personal growth. The ADC community is growing quickly and aspires to maintain a culture in which consultants unleash their full potential.
We build data science models that convert data into insights and provide clients with tailored advice. Our ambition goes further than developing data-science models that do not see the daylight: we want to put them into production. In this way our stakeholders are able to gain continuous insights in their business. To achieve this goal, we would like to bring on board a Manager Data Engineer
What you do:
- Deliver value to our clients by helping them develop the best data-driven solutions that can be used in business decisions and optimization
- Lead a team of data scientist and engineers within ADC who build data warehouses and -pipelines as part of our end-to-end data science solutions
- Design and implement an IT architecture that suits the nature of the client’s specific problem/solution
- Take a leading role in guiding and inspiring your team to deliver the highest quality
- Collaborate with a team of professionals with whom you are building a fast-growing company
- Be a brand ambassador by embracing our company values: quality and value, trust and ownership
What you bring:
You are a data engineer expert, are capable of inspirational leadership and:
- 5+ years working experience and a proven track record in the area of IT architecture (consultancy is a big plus)
- An academic MSc degree in Computer Science, AI, Data Science, or similar
- Experience in designing and developing data- pipelines, infrastructures and warehouses to support our end-to-end data science projects
- Experience with DevOps: CI/CD practices and implementing DTAP environments
- Experience with developing pipelines and models on cloud platforms (preference for AWS / Azure). Knowledge about AutoML / Sagemaker would be a plus
- Knowledge about data warehouses and data storage types (SQL, NoSQL, Graph databases)
- You are a self-starter who is ambitious, does not give up easily and is able to unite a team of people behind a common goal and ensure that we deliver on all projects, always.
- You have a strong ethical framework and a strong sense of responsibility, accountability, ownership and helping others
- You are capable of solving the client’s problem in a structured manner and communicate your data engineering challenges and findings in a compelling way
What we offer:
- A client base ranging from innovative startups to the Netherlands’ largest corporations
- A team of people who are excellent team players, great communicators and are dedicated to getting the job done
- Projects in which you bridge the gap between senior management and quantitative specialists
- Room for your own input regarding your entrepreneurial drive
- An inspiring office space in the center of Amsterdam
- Training, knowledge sharing, team-building activities and excellent benefits
What to do next:
If you are inspired by the above, we would like to hear from you. Send your CV to Ewout Drontmann (firstname.lastname@example.org); he will evaluate your application with care. For questions, contact Ewout at +316 48 000 327.